Digging into the 2017 Jaguar XJ’s Performance Capabilities
From its available supercharged 5.0L V8 engine to the sophisticated Jaguar Instinctive All Wheel Drive® system and Active Differential, you’ll be able to do more behind the wheel of the 2017 Jaguar XJ. Biloxi and Destin drivers can get all the details here and can then test drive the Jaguar XJ of their choice at Jaguar Gulf Coast.
There are a variety of different trim levels available on the Jaguar XJ, but they all offer a significant upgrade over the mid-level Jaguar XF. Depending on which one you choose, you’ll get one of the following engine and drivetrain setups, each of which comes standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission:
- 3.0L V6 – The base engine on the Jaguar XJ is a 3.0L V6 that makes 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. It comes standard with rear-wheel drive, but you can also opt for all-wheel drive.
- Supercharged 5.0L V8 – Offered with rear-wheel drive or the unique Jaguar Instinctive All Wheel Drive® system, the Supercharged 5.0L V8 is capable of producing 470 hp and 424 lb-ft of torque on the Jaguar XJ R-Sport and Portfolio trims, while the Jaguar XJR models get a bump to 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque.
Sophisticated Transmission Controls
The Jaguar XJ comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission that is controlled with the help of a JaguarDrive Selector™ and JaguarDrive Control™ with separate modes for a range of driving conditions, including:
- Normal Mode
- Dynamic Mode
- Rain/Ice/Snow Mode
Intuitive and Responsive Driving Dynamics
The Jaguar XJ is much more than simple specs, though. This opulent luxury sedan also comes equipped with comfort-oriented and sporty driving systems:
- Adaptive Dynamics – This system is able to monitor and process information about how you’re driving the car—speed, steering, etc.—in order to modify the suspension for maximum stability and comfort.
- Active Differential – The available active differential is able to recognize wheelspin and adjust the amount of torque being sent to each rear wheel, resulting in optimal traction and cornering control.
- All Surface Progress Control (ASPC) – This system can assist you in inclement weather conditions, providing you with cruise control at low speeds so that you can place your focus on the required steering.
- Jaguar Instinctive All Wheel Drive® – Able to monitor current conditions on the road, this system sends out the right amount of torque to deliver optimal balance.
Finance the 2017 Jaguar XJ at Jaguar Gulf Coast
Whether you champion sophistication or comfort, precision or robust numbers, the 2017 Jaguar XJ has what you’re looking for. Take the time to explore everything this model has to offer at Jaguar Gulf Coast, your trusted Jaguar dealership near Biloxi, MS and Destin, FL, located at 1419 East I-65 Service Road South in Mobile, AL. Contact us if you have questions, and get a head start by applying for financing online.